Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Feels like spring is almost here!Everyone is a little bit IRISH in March!
Saturday Classes at 9am
We at SBY studio want you to feel and look your best.
Monday 5pm 20-20-20 class with Mary Ann will be cardio dance to IRISH music. Elevate heart rates and burn calories to Irish Jig Tunes! 20min movement 20 min med ball strength and 20 min aerial yoga stretch.
March 4 GENTLE YOGA w Laura
March 11 BOXING BASICS w Mary Ann
March 18 20-20-20 w Nancy
March 25 YOGA FLOW w Desirea
CORE HOME PRACTICE LISTED BELOW
4-week Core Challenge
One of the most important things you can do for your body is to strengthen it's foundation-your core. The core muscles support the rest of your body, and having a strong core can help minimize low-back pain, improve your performance and enhance your overall fitness and well-being.
One of the best exercises for strengthening the core is the plank, because it effectively recruits so many muscles, including the abdominals and back muscles. Plus, planks don't require any equipment or involve any complex movements, and they can be easily be modified and performed just about anywhere.
To help you start reaping the benefits of performing planks, here is a four-week core challenge that is easy to follow and super effective. This challenge has two components: a core workout, which you'll perform three days per week, plus a daily plank challenge. By the end of the next four weeks, you will have a stronger core and you'll be able to hold a plank a lot longer than you were able to at the beginning of the challenge.
Part 1: Plank Core Workout
- Perform this workout three days a week on non-consecutive days.
- Complete each circuit three times.
- Perform each exercise for time, and feel free to adjust the time intervals to suit your fitness level. Ideally, you want to increase the interval time by 5-10 seconds per exercise each week.
- Rest when you need to and pay attention to your form. If your back starts to arch, drop to your knees.
Plank Circuit 1: Complete 3 rounds.
- Plank - 20 seconds
- Rainbow Planks - 20 seconds
- (while holding plank just rotate hips to the left and right)
- Plank Hip Raises - 20 seconds
- Plank - 25 seconds
- Rainbow Planks - 25 seconds
- Plank Hip Raises - 25 seconds
- Plank - 30 seconds
- Rainbow Planks - 30 seconds
- Plank Hip Raises - 30 seconds
- Plank - 35 seconds
- Rainbow Planks - 35 seconds
- Plank Hip Raises - 35 seconds
We have talented well educated professionals as our instructors at SBY check out our staff
In Health and Love,
p.s. try our aerial workshops...create space in the disks and strength and balance in the body...
Strength Balance Yoga Studio
1341 East Pike Street
Clarksburg, WV 26301
304 641 6827